Monday, October 8, 2007

my rowdy rabbit is a pansy

A few weeks ago i was at this goodwill thrift store on the not so good part of long beach looking for records. Usually those ones have all the best records but sadly on this day i didnt find anything worth buying. I was in my car getting ready to leave the tiny parking lot of this thrift store when i heard a sound kinda like a fire cracker but then i hear 6 more of the same sound rapidly one after the other. After hearing this noise after the 3rd time i realized that these were gun shots. After all the shots had been fired swat cops pured out of everywhere.

After all the craziness stopped i drove off before other cops started to show up and direct traffic away from the shooting. I was parked quite close to where the shooting happened. Thankfully there was a giant truck that was blocking my view of everything that went on because i was really close. I mean really close.I would say maybe 20 feet away. Think about how far it is to cross the street and thats how far i was away from all this if not closer.

i was reading the paper a few days after this and i found out the whole reason for the shooting.
ill post more on that when i scan in the newspaper clipping.

here are some digital inkings i did of some john k. sketches.
i was trying to work on my line quality. Its a lot harder to do with a wacom tablet.




This is an inking of Preston Blair's woody. I think this one came out the best, line wise.


i bought the Preston Blair "Cartoon Animation" book the other day. I was looking at one character it teaches to you to draw and his name is rowdy rabbit. He has his arms up looking like hes ready to box someones ears off but he is smiling like mickey mouse. He dosent look rowdy at all. I later looked at ASIFA's scans of the first edition and the same rabbit actually looks like he will kick your ass.

I feel jipped !

4 comments:

JohnK said...

Hi Quack

that's cool that you inked those drawings.

Want me to critique them?

Did you do them in illustrator?

Your pal,

John

leo lorenzana said...

hey john,

A critique of the inkings would be most appreciated. these were done in illustrator. i think i finally got the controls down in illustrator by the time i went over woody.

thanks !

classy sparrow said...

i bought that book for you. :P

classy sparrow said...

i was also with you when that gun thing happened. that was crazy.